Musculoskeletal Assessment / Management
Musculoskeletal physiotherapy – one of the sub-disciplines of the profession – emphasises on manual therapy for management of a range of health conditions.
Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists have expertise in the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions. They employ advanced clinical assessment and diagnosis methods and have undertaken a broader range of treatment techniques through extensive post-graduate studies and normally hold a Postgraduate Masters Degree.
Members of the Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists Australia (MPA) are world-leaders in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of musculoskeletal problems, for instance spinal conditions that commonly cause lower back pain, sciatica, neck pain and headaches.
Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists can help you by:
- Relieving or reducing your pain.
- Providing you with strategies to best manage your injury or complaint.
- Helping you recover faster and facilitating you return to your normal activities.
- Improving your flexibility, muscle strength, quality of movement, balance and co-ordination.
- Assisting you in achieving your exercise or functional goals faster.
- Improving your fitness.
- Helping you prevent future injury recurrences.
- Prescribing you with home or gym exercises to enhance your recovery.